The Legend of Korra season 3 premier has been a bit wonky with the leaks and all but Nickelodeon has been generous towards its fans. Season 3 started off with three new spectacular episodes –
- A Breath of Fresh Air
- The Earth Queen
Book 3 is titled Change appropriately.
After the intense battle between Korra and Vaatu/Unalaq, the Avatar decides to leave the spirit portals open which leads to unintended consequences.
The spirit world has started bleeding through to the mortal world and people are not too happy about it because the spirit vines have overgrown Republic City and Korra is not able to get rid of it. She has to deal with the angry people of Republic City and is upset about her low approval rating.
Because of Korra’s lack of success, she is kicked out of Republic city which is a good thing for us because we get to see other Kingdoms now.
Another unintended but welcome consequence is that people are popping up all over the world with Airbending skills. Though, in the wrong hands that won’t be such a good thing.
Which brings us to the villains that this season has put up against the Avatar.
- Zaheer – Zaheer is a very powerful airbender who despite getting his abilities recently, seems to have mastered it.
- Ghazan – Ghazan is a very talented and powerful earthbender who is able to phase-change earth and bend it into lava.
- Ming-Hua – Mign-Hua is a skilled, armless waterbender. She uses waterbending to create two tentacle-like arms strong enough to support her body weight and act as a weapon.
- P’Li – P’Li is Zaheer’s girlfriend. She is a skilled combatant and a powerful firebender, capable of performing the rare technique of combustion.
Zaheer believes in a new world order, one without the Order of the White Lotus or the Avatar.
After being banished from the Republic City. Korra decides that her time will be better utilized in finding and training new airbenders. So Team Avatar (Korra, Mako, Bolin, and Asami) along with Tenzin and Jinora start the mission to rebuilt the Air Nation but people are not very enthusiastic about becoming Air Nomads. The team, disheartened, eventually goes to Ba Sing Se, the Earth Kingdom to find people with airbending skills. Korra goes to the Earth Queen to find airbenders but it seems the queen has a different plan for the airbenders.
Some additional stuff that we get to see in this season are –
- More Earthbending.
- Lin is going to play a larger role in this season and we might even get a peek into her family life.
- You’ll get to see a lot more Bumi.
- Book 3 is going to be more like Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Season 3 is also going to be action packed –
[UPDATE] Jailbreak for iOS 7.1 and above is now available!
Moviebox is without doubt one of my favourite and heavily used app in my iPad. Just an hour ago the app was updated to version 3.0 from 2.7, and this is a major update.
Even though there is no official change-log, here is what’s new -
1. A brand new icon.
2. A brand new interface – Moviebox 3.0 is designed to look great on iOS 7. The interface is simpler and with lots of nice animations.
3. It’s faster, smoother and more stable – the app no longer restart if you move to some other app and come back to it. This is a very nice update because sometimes while watching a show or a movie, I usually go to imdb app to look up info about what I’m watching or to twitter to tweet about it.
4. Background download support – another awesome update. In the previous version if you wanted to download a movie or show, you have to keep the app open till the download completes. In the current version you can navigate to any other app the downloads will still be going on in the background.
5. Turbo mode – watch an ad, get faster download speeds.
The app is live in this source (compatible only with iOS 7) – http://cydia.dtathemes.com/repo/
You can download the deb file here.
And IPA from here.
Moviebox team has said that they will be supporting the older version (2.7) too which runs on iOS 5 and 6.
You can download the deb file of Moviebox 2.7 here.
Just a rant…
I listen to tech news first thing in the morning every day (Twit network). Today there was a lengthy discussion about all the content providers and how all the major tech companies like Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon etc. are trying to take over your living room and make the one device for all your entertainment need. All these talks about Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Aereo is such a moot point outside US because these devices are not available outside US and none of the content is effortlessly, legally available outside US. And then there are exclusive content like Orange is the new Black, House of Cards, the new Halo series in which you have to be subscribed to a particular service and in many case have an exclusive hardware to watch that show.
It’s just a mess. No wonder torrents are a hit. But torrents are not for everyone, an average person will not be able to get the show he wants from torrent easily. This is where software like Popcorn Time and Movie Box (Showbox on Android) are revolutionizing the industry (albeit in an illegal fashion).
Popcorn Time and Movie Box has all the movies and TV shows that is out there, no restriction, no subscriptions and no payments. All the movies and tv shows that you want to watch are just a few clicks away. The software is so simple that even your grandma can use it. This is something the industry should be working towards, content should not be restricted, it should be available easily for people who are willing to pay for it.